Saturday, November 1, 2008

Stumbling out of the Blocks

Hello again. This serves as the one month update for my fitness journey. The first two weeks I was Livingstrong, but after falling victim to a packed social calender, illness, and the passing of my grandfather, I'm living Vida Loca. My goals for October were all left unfinished. No 12 minute mile nor 30 cumulative miles. I my defense I knew this would not be a sprint and I'm prepared for setbacks. On the positive, no tobacco in a month, and thats a bigger deal than it sounds. I am still struggling with the death of my grandfather. Emotionally I am a wreck. Lately my social calender has gotten the better of me. Between the Street Party and Halloween, free time for anything let alone exercise has been few and far between. I will pervail. I'm working on my goals for November and certain the 12 minute mile and the 30 total miles will be included. One problem will be the winter time change (getting dark earlier). I refuse to focus on weight. Managing my diet and exercise will result in the desired weight loss. I felt really good getting 8 hours of sleep, eating right, drinking water, & exercising. I want to get back there. I also think it will help me get my head back together. Motivation is the key. I'm using mapmyrun.com, Livestrong.com, twitter.com, & Nike+.com anything to motivate.

No comments: